Thursday, November 17, 2011

Peaceful thoughts

Over the past few weeks I have tried to have peaceful thoughts about my life.  Things have gone wrong, I have felt awful, Andrew and I have struggled to get by financially, and my job just out right sucks.  But, through it all I have tried to keep faith that things will get better.  We met with the bishop last night and he said that he can see that even through all our trials, we are still very much in love and are in a better place in our marriage than we were last year.  I know that a lot of this comes from Andrew supporting me and realizing that he does not need to be torn between me and my friends.  I say this because my friends and I are just family now.  I am not viewed as someone who they would like to be around outside family functions and I am ok with that.  My feelings are hurt, but at least they have each other to lean on and I have Andrew.  It was difficult for me to go through my miscarriage without a word of sympathy from either one of them, but I guess that is just how it goes. 
I was encouraged by the bishop last night to take what we have gone through and learn from it.  Learn that you can overcome trials.  I have received this advice from one of Andrew's sisters an am incredibly grateful for the support of most of his family and all of mine.  I am especially grateful for Lisa and her family.  They always know how to put a smile on my face.  I am grateful for the doctor that I work for and the encouragement that he gives me to continue with my assisting skills regardless of what others may say.  We can move on and always know that things can and will get better.  We are also reassured that we will always have each other.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling peaceful. I know it probably comes and goes, but those are the moments that pull you through...when you realize that you really can survive this crazy world. Love you!

    ReplyDelete