Friday, October 28, 2011

Again

Hello all.  I just thought that I would let everyone know that Andrew and I have miscarried again.  I started showing symptoms a couple days ago, but didn't tell anyone, including Andrew.  I didn't want to believe it was true.  I started bleeding this morning and had an ultrasound done here at the clinic.  They found a sac, a baby, but no heartbeat.  I am optimistic that my body will take care of things the way they have in the past.  My Obstetric background allows me a little more freedom in not being dependant on the doctors to aid in this process.  I know when I need to go to the hospital and when to have some help in completing the process.  I have spoken to my midwife in Salt Lake who also feels that I won't need assitance.  It is just a matter of waiting now.  I have been told to rest and stay off my feet as much as possible for the next week.  I am fine to work and do stuff around the house.  I think the main thing I am worried about is the psychological tole this will take on me.  I cannot help but think that I have done something in this lifetime to deserve this.  I am sad, angry, and feel a great sense of loss.  I also feel that I need to be strong for Andrew though because this is just as much his loss as it is mine.  I pray to have the strength to get us both through this. 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry Becki. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or Andrew. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Becki. You haven't done anything to deserve this. Trials are not punishments, they are just trials. Please remember that. I'm here if you want to talk or if you guys need anything. Love you.

    ReplyDelete