Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Feeling Useless

So, I have been having a hard time since about Friday with feeling like I am not needed.  I spent days at another clinic not feeling like I had done any good. Feeling like everything I do is wrong.  I know that this comes with the territory of a new job.  But, I guess I am feeling a little sad that I am not helping people the same way that I was.  I miss feeling like what I did made a difference.  I miss being told that I am good at what I do.  I have been thinking for quite some time that I should try and become a doula or a birthing coach.  Just to stay in the Obsteric field. I was feeling so worn out from seeing people that could have kids when I couldn't.  So tired of being supportive.  Why is it that someone who is 16, a student, is a child themselves can get pregnant when I am unable to conceive myself?  I have been praised for my ability to provide care and understanding for these patients, but I was beginning to feel resentful and I didn't like that feeling.  That was another reason for the job change.  But, now I miss it.  Mostly the people I used to work for.  But, I am seriously considering taking the opportunity to be a coach.  I think it would provide me the little appreciation that I need to feel satisfied with what I am doing with my life. 
Anyways.....we will see.

2 comments:

  1. Do what you want to do Becki, your potential is limitless! You're exceptional at caring for people and making their lives better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. Remember the people you work with don't know you yet and don't know how amazing you are. Remember that it takes time starting over for people to trust you. Try and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete