Monday, April 29, 2013

In an effort to be more........

I am trying to get better about blogging.  Now that I have my groove here at work, I know when I will have time, and when I won't. Thursdays are super busy, but that is OK, they go by fast.  We had a great weekend because the weather was so nice.  Danny came out to hang with Andrew and I was able to go and get a mani pedi.  So nice!  Our nieces came over and played.  It is so nice that they get along with the dogs.  I am especially impressed by the way that Molly plays with Izzy.  She is not afraid of her and Izzy just adores her.  Overall, it was a great weekend.  I did not want to come to work.  But, who does on a Monday? 
I would like to be more positive and upbeat in my posts, so I am going to start giving you a history of me and my family.  We are one accident prone bunch, but we can always laugh about it. 
When I was working for the OBGYN clinic I started taking the bus a few times during the week when Andrew and I moved out to Tooele.  For some reason, I just could never get the hang of the transfers.  It was so strange.  I was always having to run for the bus.  Well.  At the time I wore scrubs.  They have a drawstring, yes....but it doesn't help that I was trying these new garments that were made out of a spandex like material.  Supposed to hold you in like Spanx.  I had to run for the bus to be able to get home.  Last express bus going home.  I miss that and I don't get home until 7:15.  So, I am booking it.  Crossing the street and running like a lunatic to try and catch this bus.  So focused was I on making this bus, I didn't notice that my pants had started to fall.  They fell pretty fast thanks to the spandex.  Came down about mid-thigh and tripped me.  I did a face plant and the bus driver was kind enough to wait for me and not laugh too much when he asked if I was OK as I boarded the bus.  I felt so ridiculous.  The people at the front of the bus wasted no time telling everyone else what had happened, so half the bus knew when I got on.  The other half figured it out when they saw me and my scratched up face and arms.  My brother-in-law loves to tease me still about it.  I now have the hang of transfers since I bus it everyday, but not the part about falling on my face.  Knowing my family, I don't think that will ever change. 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment