Monday, September 23, 2013

5 reasons chivalry is dead

So. I have noticed a few things changing in society.  Things that kind of suck.  Although I am happy and proud to be a woman, there are days that I want to be treated like a LADY.  Just because I don't act like one all the time, does not mean that it doesn't feel good to be treated like one.  This blog gives reasons that I think that chivalry is dead or dying. 

1- When was the last time I had a door opened for me without having to stand next to it waiting for a man to open it?  I can't remember.  This counts car doors, house doors, movie theatre doors, any kind of door besides the bathroom (I can handle that one on my own). 
2- When was the last time a man gave his seat up for me on the train or bus?  I can answer that one with an emphatic NEVER.  I was standing in the middle of a very crowded train and there were four men sitting watching me stand.  Not that I think I deserve to sit while they stand, the offer would have been nice.
3- If I stumble and fall, do you laugh or do you offer your hand to help me up?  Ummmm....I am very accident prone.  If you are one of my girlfriends, I expect you to point and laugh at my sorry butt that fell down, but if you are my husband, one of my guy friends, or any other man in my life, you should be getting off your butt to see if I am ok and help me up. 
4- If it is cold out and icy, do you offer your arm to me, or let me fend for myself?  See reason #3 for why I think you should be a gentleman and let me hold your arm.  I am not an old lady, but I would like to hold your hand or your arm while we walk. 
5- When was the last time you looked at me and told me that I looked nice?  Did I have to fish for a compliment, or did you offer it without prodding?  This one if mainly because I should feel pretty, even if I don't think I look it. 

To the women who read this, I implore you to examine your lives and see if the men in them are treating you the way women should be treated.  We should all feel respected and special.  Screw gender rolls and equality, I want what every woman secretly wants.  I want to be treated like a lady.  To feel taken care in more ways than financial and sexual.  This is my thought for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment